Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blog Reflection

I learned about myself as a reader and a blogger that it's good to stop and think about your book for a while and to understand where your book is coming from. Usually, I read a book and I don't really play much interest into it, other than the fact that I’m reading it. By blogging, I thought I kept up with my idea and thoughts about my reading books. I benefited by blogging because I learned to dig deeper into my stories and their conflict, rather than focus on the book as a whole. I learn to take chapter by chapter of a book to fully understand themes and main ideas.  

Writing online is no different than writing in a notebook. You can write the same things you would say in a notebook, but the only thing is you should be cautious about what you are saying because your privacy level quite knows that everyone can read your blog. I fine writing online can be liberating rather than limited. When you are online, the only way you can be limited is by having a maximum amount of characters to write with. But otherwise, when your online writing, I think as long as you let your thoughts flow and leave ideas arising you should be fine. 

I think people are less real online because many people probably would not know who you really are. When you are online, you can put yourself out there as if you are a better person then others, but the only reason they do that is because half the people on your site probably don't know you and would believe the first thing they hear which is just a part of human nature. I think most teenagers abuse the freedom they have online, especially sites like Facebook, because they don't know what they say now can harm them in the future later.  Maybe teenagers are very out there, meaning they put photos and videos, which are probably not appropriate and they curse and say things that show the false personality of who they truly are.  So having a Facebook gives you lots of freedom which kids abuse because they think what they say on their now wouldn't affect them in the future and they're wrong. 

This happens all the time where people type things that they wouldn't say to a person face. They could call you "ugly", "hairy", whatever the case is, but they wouldn't tell it to a person's face. This is bad because you can’t be physically harmed when you tell a person these things but if you say it face to face you never known how that person may react. 


I probably won’t keep up or make another blog because I honestly don't see the point of having a blog when you can just speak to someone in real life. But, if I had to make one it would probably be a food site. I would have recipes, images and cooking tips because I love to cook and would love to help others too! In general, I do think blogs has no point because if someone really wanted to know you, they could just meet you in person instead of commenting on blogs or making one of their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment