Thursday, November 8, 2012

Annie's Baby


The book I am currently reading is “Annie’s Baby” edited by Beatrice Sparks. It’s about a 14 year old girl, Annie, who was raped by her boyfriend and has to raise a baby by herself. She is confused and lost. She truly has no idea what she is doing meaning she doesn't even know how to ‘control’ a baby, which is making her nervous and making her have more anxiety. This book explains a teen issue of having to raise a baby by yourself and no one to talk to.

Annie is terrified of telling her mom that she is pregnant. But she hasn't come to realize that sooner or later, she is going to have to spill the whole situation. This relates to a teen issue because today so many teenagers are getting raped, and having babies that they can’t even take care of or afford. Annie thinks her mom will yell at her once she knows the problem and will not love her again, but that’s not true. Where I left off in the book is when, Annie was telling her mom about Daniel and what he has done to her and the outcome that she is left with. I couldn't even believe what the mom said. The mom was very supportive. She said things like “I’ll be here with you, every step of the way” and it was in just a motherly tone, which came off really well.

I think Annie has come to realize that although she has some obstacles she needs to conquer, she is not alone because she has her mom and friends by her side, boosting her when she is down. Annie speaking up to her mom about the problem, showed she needed help and she couldn't do this on her own.

Overall, I’m pretty much almost done with this book and I think it was amazing! It really showed me how you can’t trust anyone, no matter how many times you say ‘I Love You’ it truly means nothing. Also, this book has taught me that you can’t overcome obstacles without help from others, because you always need someone to boost your spirit once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment